Episode 224: Tod Bolsinger makes surviving sabotage simple
How can you prepare for sabotage? What does it look like to build resilience as a leader in a time of conflict and controversy? Tod Bolsinger explores these questions as he sits down with Rusty to talk through how to plan for sabotage.
How can you prepare for sabotage?
What does it look like to build resilience as a leader in a time of conflict and controversy?
Tod Bolsinger explores these questions and more in his book Tempered Resilience, which I loved. Now, I hadn’t had the chance to meet Tod before we recorded this episode, but I learned so much from his input into how people can lead through uncertainty. Tod is a seminary professor, author, and leads a leadership coaching and consulting firm dedicated to helping faith leaders thrive as change leaders. That passion is evident in our conversation, and I’m so glad we had a chance to sit down together.
Let me know in the comments how you’ve been leading your church or your family through the unfamiliar. I’d love to hear some of your stories.
Special thanks to Serve HQ for sponsoring this week’s episode!
About Tod Bolsinger - 1:26
- How Tod started in ministry
- The differences in ministry when Tod started versus now.
Digging into Tod’s books - 15:45
- Tod asks the question: how do you lead when you can’t rely on the old maps?
- How to prepare for sabotage.
- How to lead people through the unfamiliar.
Leading from the Center - 28:56
- How to disappoint people at a rate they can absorb.
- Where Tod see the church going ten years from now.
- What Tod would say to people in the church who are frustrated right now.
Creators and Guests
follower of Jesus, husband of lorrie, father of lindsey and sidney, pastor of real life church